Re: grace note duration

From: H. S. Teoh
Subject: Re: grace note duration
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 07:53:33 -0800

On Tue, Feb 23, 2016 at 03:22:11PM +0100, Gianmaria Lari wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have the following source
>
>   g8 \grace {e16 f16} e8 d8
>
> In the resulting midi output (using articulate.ly) the grace notes are
> played too quick (1/64?) and they are almost not audible. Is there any
> way to increase their duration?
[...]

Try:

        #(define ac:defaultGraceFactor 1/16)

(Change 1/2 to whatever other fraction, according to what you need.)

Note that this only works if you're using articulate.ly, which is
probably a good idea anyway if you're generating midi, since the default
midi output isn't very good.

Perhaps the most widespread illusion is that if we were in power we would
behave very differently from those who now hold it---when, in truth, in order
to get power we would have to become very much like them. -- Unknown