Re: gracenotes and clefs

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: gracenotes and clefs
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2016 21:31:23 +1100

Hi Martin,

That is an extremely out of date version of lilypond. The stable release is 2.18.2. Any reason for using such a very outmoded version? You are bond to struggle with many difficulties that have been fixed, and are missing out on a wealth of powerful new features.

Grace notes at the start of a piece cause this problem. There’s information about this in the Notation Reference manual (the NR as we call it). I’ll let you read that for yourself.

Andrew