Inline images, was Re: Variable slur thickness

From: Cynthia Karl
Subject: Inline images, was Re: Variable slur thickness
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 10:19:29 -0600

On Thu, 10 Mar 2016 06:04:57 -0700 (MST) tisimst <address@hidden> schrieb:

> HTH,
> Abraham
>
> P.S. Some of the power users on this list filter inline images, so if you
> wouldn't mind making the image an attachment next time, I know they'll
> appreciate it. :-)

Why on earth would anyone filter inline images?  They are extremely convenient.
 They’re right there in the email, one doesn’t have to change context to a
browser and interrupt the flow of reading the message.

On the other hand, for me who gets the lilypond-user messages in the Digest
form, attachments suck big time.  For example, below after the "-------- next
part ————“ line is a link to such an attachment (I think).  When I click on
that link, the result is:

> Not Found
>
> The requested URL
> /archive/html/lilypond-user/attachments/20160310/4addc8f3/attachment.html was
> not found on this server.

That’s not very convenient at all.  Am I the only one with this problem?
What’s the solution?

Maybe it would be nice if inline images were also added as attachments?

Regards,
Pat Karl