Re: AutoBeam Behaving Properly?

From: Thomas Scharkowski
Subject: Re: AutoBeam Behaving Properly?
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2016 14:59:04 +0200

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Hi Martin,

when I explored the effect of that setting, I wasn't sure the outcome is really
that desirable

Wait… is your example **actually** what happens with Timing.beamHalfMeasure =
##f?
It’s awful. That should DEFINITELY not be the default.

In 3/4 time, my beaming is always in three pairs of eighths, unless the
following two conditions simultaneously apply:
     (1) all sixth eighth notes are present (i.e., no rests); and
     (2) I want the measure to be felt in one, not three.

Otherwise, it’s pairs of eighths beamed, or single eighths with rests in all my
scores.

Regards,
Kieren.

Yes! This is how it should be.