Re: Parallel music, adding a voice, stem not appearing

From: Stanton Sanderson
Subject: Re: Parallel music, adding a voice, stem not appearing
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 06:25:47 -0500

On Apr 11, 2016, at 2:23 AM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:

Stanton Sanderson <address@hidden> writes:

Here is another (perhaps less elegant) solution:

rh = \relative c'' {
     <<
           \voiceOne
           {
                 c2.~ | \stemDown \shiftOnn  c
           }
           \\
           \new Voice {
                 \voiceTwo
                 s2. | \shiftOnn af2 s4
           }
           \\
           \new Voice {
                 \voiceFour
                 <bf! g ef>4 af g~ | g f ef |

The usual voice orders from top to bottom are
1 3 5 6 4 2

namely starting with the outer voices and progressing inwards.  That
makes \\ become increasingly awkward as you go beyond two voices.

It would have been saner to let \\ follow that convention, but changing
that now would make all heck break loose.

--
David Kastrup

David and Andrew-

Thank you for the reminders. Usually my coding barely scratches the surface of Lilypond’s capabilities, so the fact that the result appeared correct was my motivation for submitting the “solution.” I realize that unorthodox coding could produce unexpected results with future versions of Lilypond.

Again, thank you for your comments. There is much to learn!

Stan