Re: Tuplet number direction

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Tuplet number direction
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2016 15:30:12 +0100

Thomas Morley wrote Friday, April 15, 2016 11:25 PM

> Agreed. I never considered to disallow tuplets over line-break.
> Gould has nothing to say about it? (I still don't own the book...)

She has a complete chapter devoted to tuplets.  She talks of tuplets
across barlines (can be sub-divided with a tie or not, whichever is
deemed to be most helpful) but with no explicit mention of tuplets
across a system break, as far as I can see.

But if the tuplet is sub-divided across a barline, and that barline is
at a system break, then all that is needed is a tied note extending
across the break.  LP supports this already.

Trevor