Re: Multi-measure rests and mark collisions ...

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Multi-measure rests and mark collisions ...
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2016 09:31:17 -0400

Hi Wol,

> My usual bugbear ... :-(
> I have a couple of instances where I have a rehearsal mark, a tempo mark, […]

Yeah… this causes me no end of grief, too.
It probably represents a good 10% of my score/part tweaking time.

David K wrote:
> Hm?  How could you even have a compressed multi-measure rest when there
> is anything like an "8-bar phrase" in parallel?
> That sounds like a problem that cannot occur.

I assume Wol (like me) has the problem where the compressed rest happens in the
part, not in the full score — but one wants not to have to use multiple \tag
constructs just to handle this issue.

Wol: Scan through the thread starting at
<http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2013-10/msg00517.html> and see
if anything there helps.

Good luck,
Kieren.