Re: ANN: Frescobaldi 2.19.0

From: Villum Sejersen
Subject: Re: ANN: Frescobaldi 2.19.0
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2016 09:39:11 +0200

> On Fri, 22 Apr 2016 10:22:23 +0200
> Urs Liska <address@hidden> wrote:

> > > Good job! Thanks!

> > > I must have missed this in the discussions... What can I do with this?
> >
> > You can ensure that anyone who gets the PDF also has access to the
>>> source files.

> While trying to find out why this didn't work I noticed that Frescobaldi
> registers the version of the lilypond binary when that binary is added
> (Preferences > Lilypond preferences). It doesn't notice that a binary has
> been updated.

That's not my experience. It might be something in your setup(s)? ;)

> In my case, the /usr/bin/lilypond was upgraded to 2.19.39 but Frescobaldi
> still considered it to be 2.19.22, disabling the embed files feature.

My installation (on a debian testing, not ubuntu, nor mint) found and updated Lilypond to 2.19.41 (and as before 2.18.2) automatically, but don't ask me why.
I run frescobaldi as a symlink from /usr/local/bin/ where lilypond and fontforge binaries compiled fro git sources are situated too.
Contrarily, the lilypond version(s) possibly entered in in /usr/local/share must be updated manually.

> Is this (not detecting upgrades) intentional behaviour?

As said this may be circumvented somehow in the setup. Whether lilypond or frescobaldi setup I don't know.

--
yours,
Villum Sejersen