Re: Editing lilypond files with Geany

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Editing lilypond files with Geany
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2016 18:38:35 +0200

Il giorno lun 25 apr 2016 alle 21:49, amir <address@hidden> ha scritto:
i am trying to configure Geany to use it for Lilypond. I have made this File
: ~/.config/geany/filedefs/filetypes.lilypond.conf with this content:

[styling]
comment=0x808080;0xffffff;false;true

[settings]
# default extension used when saving files
extension=ly

# block comments
comment_open=%{
comment_close=%}
comment_use_indent=false

[build_settings]
# %f will be replaced by the complete filename
# %e will be replaced by the filename without extension
# (use only one of it at one time)
compiler=lilypond "%f"
# it is called linker, but here it is an alternative compiler command
# linker=pdflatex --file-line-error-style "%f"
run_cmd=epdfview "%e.pdf"
run_cmd2=timidity "%e.midi"

which i had copied here from the forum from an answer. I have still no
Syntax colors and can not compile the file with F5. But at the bottom most
part of the window i see : filetype:lilypond.
Can any one help me setting geany up for lilypond?

The problem is that nobody created a lexer for LilyPond, which is needed for syntax highlight to work.
But you can use something "similar" and then adapt it, see:
http://lists.geany.org/pipermail/users/2013-September/008835.html

I tried with:
lexer_filetype=latex

but didn't work

Also, Geany is not able to detect the file type by extension, even if I'm using your file, I've added the extension to filetype_extensions.conf and reload the settings. When I open a .ly file, the file type is None. If I choose the lilypond type file, no highlight.

I do not use Geany and I'm not motivated to solve these issues.
But, as it's the default editor in LilyDev, it would be good to ship a working .conf file for LilyPond.

Let me know if you manage to make it work!
Thanks
Federico