Re: Choice of pitch input mode

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: Choice of pitch input mode
Date: Mon, 2 May 2016 13:26:06 -0500

On Sat 30 Apr 2016 at 09:22:14 (+0200), Noeck wrote:
> Am 30.04.2016 um 05:43 schrieb David Wright:
> > it would be great
> > if it could convert into a canonical style, where canonical could be
> > defined in ways such as: every note with pitch&duration; duration (or
> > even pitch) on only the first note of each line (omitted elsewhere);
>
> Frescobaldi offers that in the tools menu (I think it is python-ly in
> the background).

You're right, it does. Both the embedded and stand-alone version of ly
appear to have the functionality required, provided by (in the
stripping case):

def remove_dups(iterable):
    """Change reoccurring strings to '' in iterable."""
    old = None
    for i in iterable:
        yield '' if i == old else i
        old = i

However, unless there's a secret switch somewhere, there's no way of
causing that code to be run in the stand-alone version, even though it
is two years more up-to-date (2015 vs 2013) than the Frescobaldi I
have compared it with.

Cheers,
David.