Re: In divisi lyrics, \skip in the top line skips two notes and causes b

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: In divisi lyrics, \skip in the top line skips two notes and causes bottom line to skip one note
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2016 21:59:13 +0200

On 17.06.2016 21:51, Simon Albrecht wrote:
Unfortunately, the technique of nesting \new Lyrics is from an example in our very own manuals, as Edward pointed out in the other subthread. The only reliable solution I can think of right now is having all lyrics contexts start at the beginning, and skipping some time manually.

I’m working on the fourth example from <http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/techniques-specific-to-lyrics.en.html#lyrics-and-repeats> now. It works if done like this:

%%%%%%%%%%
\version "2.19.42"
\score {
  <<
    \new Staff {
      \new Voice = "melody" {
        \relative {
          a'4 a a a
          \repeat volta 2 { b4 b b b }
    \new Lyrics \lyricsto "melody" {
      Not re -- peat -- ed.
      The first time words.
    }
    \new Lyrics \lyricsto "melody" {
      \repeat unfold 4 \skip 1
      Se -- cond time words.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%

It would be very nice to just do this:

%%%%%%%%%%%%
\version "2.19.42"
\score {
  <<
    \new Staff {
      \new Voice = "melody" {
        \relative {
          a'4 a a a
          \repeat volta 2 { b4 b b b }
    \new Lyrics \lyricsto "melody" {
      Not re -- peat -- ed.
      The first time words.
    }
    {
      \skip 1
      \new Lyrics \lyricsto "melody" {
        Se -- cond time words.

but by a known issue the \lyricsto doesn’t catch the note at the timestep when it’s issued.

Best, Simon