Re: drawing glissando line with (gliss) as text across line

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: drawing glissando line with (gliss) as text across line
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2016 00:44:17 +0200

> Interesting. your example works perfectly in itself. But when I port it over
> to my score I get the following error:
>
>  Wrong type argument in position 1 (expecting Stencil): ()
>
> I believe it calls it on this line:
>
>      (spanner-stencil-x-length (interval-length (ly:stencil-extent
> spanner-stencil X)))
>
> Here is a gist of the score:
> https://gist.github.com/ebbnormal/62a8893942a5e6f91735afdf77f2081a
> I basically make a simple call to \glissandoTextOn as you do before I use
> \glissando.
>
> Any ideas?

If the glissando-line is _too_ short in tight layout-situations, it
will not be printed. Thus no stencil, causing the error.
Ensuring a reasonable minimum-length, cures the error, but the visual
output is not convincing.
Lemme see if I can come up with something better, but I'll likely have
not no time to work on it before the weekend.

Sorry,
  Harm