Lilypond-book test

From: Dr . Raphael D . Thöne
Subject: Lilypond-book test
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2016 16:14:30 +0000

Hi Everyone,

as a newbie to lilypond, I read workflow for integrating Lilybond-book into LaTeX which is outlined in the documentation:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/usage/an-example-of-a-musicological-document

I typed the testfile, saved it in a separate folder, but on my mac, I get the following message (Terminal)

Last login: Sat Jul  9 17:53:26 on ttys001
Raphi:~ raphaelthoene$ cd lily
Raphi:lily raphaelthoene$ lilypond-book --output=out --pdf lilybook.lytex
-bash: lilypond-book: command not found
Raphi:lily raphaelthoene$ lilypond-book --output=out --pdf lilybook.lytex
-bash: lilypond-book: command not found
Raphi:lily raphaelthoene$
Apparently, I haven’t installed the lilypond-package, although Lilypond is working on my machine. Where do I get the lilypond-book-package and how do I install it (sudo)?
Or does it have something to do with the following info?

Note: If you are happy with the GUI instructions below, then please ignore these instructions.

MacOS X on the command line

The most convenient way to run lilypond scripts is by setting up “helper” scripts of your own.
  1. Create a directory to store these scripts,
    mkdir -p ~/bin
    cd ~/bin

  2. Create a file called lilypond which contains
    #!/bin/bash
    exec DIR/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/bin/lilypond "$@"

    Note: DIR will generally be /Applications/
  3. Create similar files lilypond-bookconvert-ly, and any other scripts you wish to use, by replacing the bin/lilypond with bin/convert-ly (or other program name).
  4. Make the file executable,
    chmod u+x lilypond

  5. Now, add this directory to your path. Modify (or create) a file called .profile in your home directory such that it contains
    export PATH=$PATH:~/bin

    This file should end with a blank line.

Invoking individual scripts

The scripts — such as lilypond-bookconvert-lyabc2ly, and even lilyponditself — are included inside the .app file for MacOS X.
Scripts can also be run from the command line by invoking them directly:
path/to/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/bin/lilypond
The same is true for all other scripts in that directory, such as lilypond-book and convert-ly.

Is there an easier way, e.g. to integrate lilypond-book directly into TeXMaker?

Thanks for your help,

Raphael.