Re: makam.ly and Staff.keySignature

From: Hans Åberg
Subject: Re: makam.ly and Staff.keySignature
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2016 18:23:34 +0200

> On 23 Aug 2016, at 21:45, Blöchl Bernhard <address@hidden> wrote:

> How can I get a key signature with makam.ly?

The implementation is not correct, so it might be tricky. I use Graham Breed’s
regular.ly together with the SMuFL fonts to get Helmholtz-Ellis notation,
5-limit but in E53. In Arabic music this corresponds to the double headed
arrows, whereas for Turkish music it is single headed arrows. So it is possible
to merely switch glyphs at need.

Note that in the Turkish music AEU notation, the sharp symbol # is not the
Pythagorean sharp #. So when transposing keys, one gets the microtonal sharp
instead. But Turkish music is normally not transposed.