Re: Alternative bar numbering [0.18571]

From: Malte Meyn
Subject: Re: Alternative bar numbering [0.18571]
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2016 21:55:36 +0200

Am 25.08.2016 um 21:12 schrieb Pastor Neubauer:
I am not using  score blocks. I never really trained in on Lilypond, just sort
of started finding what worked so I am going line by line using addlyrics. I
know I have had some difficulties that could be worked out if I used more
“formal” methods.

There are no explicit \score blocks but every \relative creates a score implicitely in this case.

You should have only one score per piece, not one score per line; LilyPond does good line breaking for you (and if you’re not satisfied you can help by using \break, \noBreak or setting the system-count, i. e. the total number of systems LilyPond should print, in the \paper block).

Attached you find the whole piece in one score. I put everything in one \relative and two \addlyrics blocks. Also, for better code readability, I put a line break after every measure and deleted all the unnecessary things like extra \bar commands or unused settings in the \layout block.

Also I replaced \laissezVibrer and \repeatTie by ~, added a r2 to measure 12, and changed r1 (whole measure rest) to R1 (this makes it centered).