Re: guitar scale diagram - change root

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: guitar scale diagram - change root
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2016 09:50:41 +0200

bart deruyter <address@hidden> writes:

> It's strange to say, but lilypond is so good that most often scheme is
> not needed, which makes the actual use of scheme rare (for me at
> least), which in turn does not let me train it :-) .

That is sort of an intentional consequence of a lot of post 2.12 work.
There is an example for how to program in Scheme in some of the manuals,
and it had to be changed a few times until ending up basically with a
premise of "let's pretend we could not perfectly well do this in
LilyPond already without reverting to Scheme".  And when one has to
revert to Scheme, things map more directly to LilyPond than they used
to.

So you need Scheme less than previously, but when you do, it is not as
hard as it was once.

--
David Kastrup