Re: Extracting symbol location

From: Lukas Tuggener
Subject: Re: Extracting symbol location
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2016 13:21:22 +0000

Tanks to this \assignIDs function and the information in the svg its pretty easy to find the correct location of a given symbol.

The problem im stuck with right now is creating meaningful labels. The way the ID is constructed right now is Name+Momentum?+RelativeLocation. And i am not able to tell eg. bass and treble clefs apart.

Is it possible to dump more information about the grob this id tag? Such that it is unique to what symbol is printed.

I am totally new to lilypond, sorry if I spam you with trivial questions. If you could point me to the relevant parts of the doc it would already help.

cheers
Lukas

Urs Liska <address@hidden> schrieb am Di., 27. Sep. 2016 um 10:59 Uhr:

Am 26.09.2016 um 20:13 schrieb David Nalesnik:
> The link you cite mentions looking at SVG output, and I suppose that
> would be the best way.  I can't think of another method to get the
> actual print positions of objects.

Hm, but at some point LilyPond *has* to know where objects are placed,
isn't it?
Isn't there anything like a parent hierarchy that could be walked up
like a breadcrumb navigation that eventually leads to coordinates
relative to a page corner?

(Of course this is closely related to my question
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2016-09/msg00655.html)

Urs