Re: What to do wanting a 4th order Bézier?

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: What to do wanting a 4th order Bézier?
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2016 12:30:40 +0200

On 09.10.2016 12:07, Thomas Morley wrote:
On 18.09.2016 15:15, Kieren MacMillan wrote:
And finally with a better user interface
Under what circumstances would you NOT want the end of one curve to match
precisely the beginning of the next one?
If “none”, then I would say an even better user interface would not
require typing that set of coordinates twice.
I thought about that too – it also makes the data structure less complicated
if it’s a list of seven pairs. I added the new version to the LSR
<http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=1045>, awaiting approval.

Best, Simon
Hi Simon,

I'm not sure what to do with this snippet.

I had the impression Urs started to implement it in the source. Is
that true? Urs?
Otoh, the LSR runs 2.18.0. With this version the lsr-snippet is the
only available possibility to do slurs this way, warranting it's
approval, I'd say.

Opinions?

In the end, it’s a UI design question, and a question on the relationship between LSR and openlilylib. Urs’ solution is much more sophisticated, of course, and its user interface is somewhat untypical in comparison to most LSR snippets. I’d suggest to leave the LSR version as is (and approve it) and add a comment like

%% For a more refined solution to the problem, see <link-to-openlilylib>.

Best, Simon