Weird behaviour with TupletNumber.avoid-slur (beam disappears)

From: Risto Vääräniemi
Subject: Weird behaviour with TupletNumber.avoid-slur (beam disappears)
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2016 19:22:18 +0200

Hi,

I tried to keep the tuplet number from colliding with a slur by using TupletNumber.avoid-slur = #'outside. It has worked before ~2.12.XX but with 2.19.49 something weid happened. The tuplet beam disappeared (actually was shortened and moved to the left of the staff, see the red circle).

Even without the avoid-slur the slur and the tuplet number behaved differently depending on which beat the tuplet was on.

The third one is the expected (but not ideal) way LP prints this. The fourth is the weirdest one with avoid-slur. The second one is something quite interesting.

Thankfully, there's TupletBracket.padding that bails me out.

-Risto

-----

\version "2.19.49"

\relative c'' {
  \time 4/4
  \tuplet 3/2 { g8 g g }
  \tuplet 3/2 { g8^( g) g }
  \tuplet 3/2 { g8^( g) g }
  \once \override TupletNumber.avoid-slur = #'outside
  \tuplet 3/2 { g8^( g) g }