Re: Getting rid of extra space at the break of the line [time signature

From: kmg
Subject: Re: Getting rid of extra space at the break of the line [time signature change]?
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2016 12:39:35 +0100

Thanks, that looks good. However, is there a way to enable it again if needed? This trick is only needed in the beginning of the piece, not throughout the whole score. If it can be only changed globally, then I'll deal with the extra space I guess. Curious though if it's possible to do it only once in selected staff. At any rate, thanks for help, I didn't know that putting same stuff into \layout instead of part, makes magic ;)

Pozdrawiam,
Krzysztof Gutowski

Hi Krzystof,

Is this what you require (based on the MWE you sent me personally)?

If so, it’s a matter of putting things in the right logical structural place.

Andrew

== snip

\version "2.19.50"

\language "deutsch"

global = {

  \key b \major

  \numericTimeSignature

  \time 3/4

}

trumpetBb = \relative c'' {

  \transposition b

  c4\f\<~ c8 g16 g c8 g |

  c4\ff\<~ c8 g16 g c8 g | \break

  c2.*2/20 \fff

}

up = \relative c'' {

  \global

  s1*3/4*2

  \time 3/4

  des,32

}

trumpetBbPart = \new Staff \with {

  instrumentName = "Trumpet in Bb"

  midiInstrument = "trumpet"

  \magnifyStaff #3/4

}

\trumpetBb

pianoPart = \new PianoStaff \with {

  instrumentName = "Piano"

} <<

  \new Staff = "up" { \up }

\score {

  <<

    \trumpetBbPart

    \pianoPart

  \layout {

    \context {

      \Staff

      \RemoveEmptyStaves

      \override TimeSignature.break-visibility = ##(#f #f #t)

    }

    \context {

      \Score

      \override VerticalAxisGroup.remove-first = ##t

  \midi { }

}

== snip