Re: Help with ties

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Help with ties
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2016 13:35:51 +0000

On Thu, 2016-12-08 at 11:56 +0100, Gerdau, Michael wrote:
> > Here is a version I created with Denemo - I've cut out some verbosity.
> > I didn't tackle the custom time signature and I forget how you alter the
> > order of the horizontal displacements (someone kindly told me on this
> > list once :( ).
>
> Adding something like
>
> \once \override NoteColumn.force-hshift = #1.0

Thanks for this - I saw a command for this syntax in the relevant menu
in Denemo but thought it was too low-level sounding. I was expecting the
choice of which voice should have its note displaced might be determined
by the voice order or some setting of precedence.

I've found this bit of documentation

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/multiple-voices

"... voices with upstems (odd-numbered voices) are shifted to the right,
and voices with downstems (even-numbered voices) are shifted to the
left. "

but no clue how this arbitrary choice might be changed

Richard