Re: Stepping down and moving on

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Stepping down and moving on
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2016 17:37:40 -0000

David, you wrote Wednesday, November 09, 2016 5:09 PM

> I have accepted a full-time development (and team management) position
> with another company.  Due to their project and team expansion plans,
> I will be starting already in December.

I sincerely hope you're finding your new job engaging and enjoyable,
and a satisfying match to your talents!

> This employment is in another city.  I'll be travelling back and forth
> weekly for the foreseeable future.  While I might be working on some
> LilyPond side projects interesting to me occasionally, I will not be
> able to do any serious amound of coordination or other activity
> involving me with LilyPond's community.
> There are also several half-completed features that are a nuisance.
> I do not expect to be able to to a significant amount of work on them in
> the foreseeable future.

As the end of the year is approaching I'm planning to do some tidying
of the SF Issues DB.  Should I return all the unfinished issues signed
out to you in a state of "needs work" to unassigned?  Or are there some
you wish to retain?

> I'll try seeing through the release of 2.20 in the little time remaining
> to me both before and after starting my job.

That would be most welcome, even if we end up with a couple of unfixed
regressions.  There are so many wonderful new features in 2.19 (most
of them crafted by you!) we really should now get them into a stable
release.

Trevor