Re: How to typeset a voice cross over mark on a piano staff ?

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: How to typeset a voice cross over mark on a piano staff ?
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2016 22:32:39 +0100

Hi Harald,

On 13.12.2016 00:05, Harald Christiansen wrote:
Are you suggesting to add a new voice through all the score for just one sign in one place?

If it’s just one place, I wouldn’t do that. For multiple instances, it might make sense.

(I tried to add a new voice locally

Here’s how to do that:

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
\version "2.18.2"

\score {
  \new PianoStaff <<
    \new Staff = upper <<
      \new Voice \relative {
        \partial 4
        f'4
        <<
          { e d c g' }
          \new Voice {
            \hideNotes
            \override NoteColumn.ignore-collision = ##t
            \showStaffSwitch
            s2 c,4 \change Staff = lower b
          }

        f' e d e
        f1
      }

    \new Staff = lower <<
      \new Voice \relative {
        \clef bass
        \partial 4
        r4
        r2 r4 b
        a g f c
        f,1

By the way: It would have been really helpful to have a complete example with your glissando hack for me to continue working, instead of having to concoct an example on my own. Also, that way I had to guess which version you were using.

PS. I am always replying to the list, not "Reply All" because then people who replied to the thread would receive 2 copies (one personal, one to the list)

The web interface for administering your subscription to the list gives an option to not send such extra copies.

Best, Simon