Re: Beams across rests

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Beams across rests
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2016 21:22:00 +0100

Am 25.12.2016 um 21:04 schrieb Thomas Morley:
>> Bummer, this makes me sadly recall that I still have this "project" of
>> rewriting the beaming code open :-(
>> I think if I would have managed to finish that (or if I'll ever have the
>> time to pick it up [help and encouragment welcome ;-) ]) these problems
>> should also be covered.
>>
>> Urs
>

> Hi Urs,
>
> an improved beaming code would be nice, ofcourse.
> Can't help with C++-coding, though.

I'm sure you can, I'm more or less learning it along the way too ;-)

But just to make this sure: the part of the code I started to dig in was
the one that decides how many beams/beamlets each stem gets (triggered
by the desire to get beam subdivisions right) (so this is what we're
talking about here). What I did *not* touch (and don't intend to) is the
code that decides *what* to beam in the first place (i.e. the
\autoBeamOn calculations).

Urs

--
Urs Liska