Re: Putting a glyph after lyric syllable in LilyPond version 2.18.2.

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: Putting a glyph after lyric syllable in LilyPond version 2.18.2.
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2016 13:49:05 -0600

On Mon 26 Dec 2016 at 19:18:04 (+0100), Mirosław Doroszewski wrote:
> Putting a glyph after lyric syllable in LilyPond version 2.18.2.
>
> 1. Solution received does not work:

What solution? This is a new posting, not a reply.

> \version "2.18.2"
> \include "deutsch.ly"
> unmeteredOn = {
>       \cadenzaOn
>       \set Score.defaultBarType = #""
>       \set Score.barAlways = ##t
> }
> unmeteredOff = {
>       \cadenzaOff
>       \unset Score.defaultBarType
>       \unset Score.barAlways
> }
> asterisk = {
>       \once \override Lyrics.StanzaNumber.direction = #1      % = #RIGHT.
>       \set stanza = "*"
> }
> \relative c' {
>       \unmeteredOn
>       c c c c c c
>       d d d d \bar "|"
> }
> \addlyrics {
>       First verse text, first verse \asterisk text
>       Se- cond verse text.
> }
>
> 2. Solution received is under my project but the asterisk has to be
> put before syllable with the asterisk, what is strange, i.e.:
> not: First verse text, first verse text\asterisk
> but: First verse text, first verse \asterisk text.

An override has to be specified before the lyric you expect it to
modify. So \asterisk must precede the word "text" because you're
attaching the "*" to that word.

If you specify   text \asterisk, by the time LP encounters
\asterisk, the word "text" has already been typeset: you're
too late to affect it.

Cheers,
David.