Re: Strange effect of set-global-staff-size

From: David Sumbler
Subject: Re: Strange effect of set-global-staff-size
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2017 21:56:32 +0000

To get around the anomaly I reported previously, I am rewriting my
book-cover generating routine.

I need to use \fromproperty with a variable which is set at the top
level (i.e. outside any \book block).  If necessary, the variable could
be set inside a \book or \bookpart, although this is less convenient.

I have only ever used \fromproperty in a context similar to that shown
in appendix A.11.7 of the NR.

How can I reference a variable that is set at (or near!) the top level
of the input file?  None of my guesses so far have worked.

David