multiple dynamics contexts

From: Mason Hock
Subject: multiple dynamics contexts
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2017 23:20:35 -0800

I like the way that a dynamics context organizes content below the staff, and I would like to simultaneously handle content above the staff similarly. I find that simply creating a dynamics context before the staff

<<
  \new Dynamics {
    % content above staff
  }
  \new Staff {
     % music
  }

works as expected, but when I try to use two dynamics contexts for content above and below the staff,

<<
  \new Dynamics {
    % content above staff
  }
  \new Staff {
     % music
  }
  \new Dynamics {
    % content below staff
  }

there is too much space between the staff and the content below it.

Is there a way of using multiple dynamics contexts for one staff and/or a better way of achieving the results I'm going for?

Thanks,

Mason