Re: Start new score without line break

From: Alexander Kobel
Subject: Re: Start new score without line break
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 14:35:16 +0100

On 2017-02-22 14:28, Alexander Kobel wrote:
> On 2017-02-22 14:02, Andrew Bernard wrote:
>> There's currently a thread here which refers in passing to the
>> difficulty of starting a new score on a page without a line break or
>> a page break.
> [...]
> I just want to point out one important linguistic and technical detail:  what
> we are lacking is not so much the option to start a new score in-line, it's
> about suspending and restarting entire systems /within a score/ in-line. [...]

Well, to be even more precise: both would be nice.  But even if you start a new
logical score (as Pierre indeed does in the example), you'd probably want it to
be of coherent appearance to the systems before.  From Lilypond's perspective,
this means it's most probably a continued score, maybe with a new spacing
section etc, but hardly a fresh vertical positioning computation...

Cheers,
Alexander