Piano pedal gradual release

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Piano pedal gradual release
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2017 20:16:47 +1100

Is there any support for pedal gradual release when using line and bracket style where the gradual release ends in a sustain pedal off event? I am aware that for a sustain on/sustain off event you can simply use bracket flare settings, but in this case I need to influence the segment to the end bracket. Does anybody have code or solutions for this scenario?

This is common enough in printed music and handwritten scores, and is one of the reasons for using line notation for pedalling. It would be great if lilypond could do this.

Andrew