Re: [ANN] LilyQuick 0.9beta - fast accurate Lilypond MIDI note entry for

From: Herbert Liechti
Subject: Re: [ANN] LilyQuick 0.9beta - fast accurate Lilypond MIDI note entry for Linux
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2017 08:17:25 +0100

Hi Vaughan

Unfortunately the error is the same when I compile with this change.

Best regards
Herbert

On 10 March 2017 at 02:00, Herbert Liechti <address@hidden> wrote:

>> Greetings,
>>
>> I’m pleased to announce LilyQuick,
>

> Hello
>
> I tried to compile LilyQuick on a Ubuntu
>
> Distributor ID: Ubuntu
> Release: 16.04
> Codename: xenial
>
> When I run make I get the following error:
>
>  gcc -ILuaSource -LLuaSource -o lq LilyQuick.c -ldl -lm \
> -llua -lpthread -lasound
> /usr/bin/ld: LuaSource/liblua.a(lmathlib.o): undefined reference to symbol
> 'atan2@@GLIBC_2.2.5'
> /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so.6: error adding symbols: DSO aus der
> Kommandozeile fehlt
> Makefile:4: die Regel für Ziel „all“ scheiterte
> make: *** [all] Fehler 1
>

> any suggestions?
>
> Best regards

Hi Herbert,

Does it work if you change line 8 in the Makefile to this?

    gcc -ILuaSource -LLuaSource -o lq LilyQuick.c -ldl -Bstatic -lm \

(don't mess with the start of the line: Make requires a proper tab there)

This forces GCC to load the math library (-lm) statically instead of
dynamically, as it can't find a dynamic maths library. It may work...

Vaughan