Re: Unusual beaming for piano music

From: Jeffery Shivers
Subject: Re: Unusual beaming for piano music
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2017 15:34:57 -0400

On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 3:14 PM, Kim Shrier <address@hidden> wrote:
> In the notation reference about beaming,
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/beams.en.html#manual-beams
>  , it looks like you can achieve what you want by using manual beaming along
> with \set stemLeftBeamCount and \set stemRightBeamCount .

I'm not sure that does what he is asking.

Andrew:
How about at that moment where the beam is "split" or whatever,
letting that top beam's stem go all the way down to the d-sharp, and
at that same moment beginning the second beam with a space? I think
with some settings for avoiding various collisions, that could at
least visually do what you want there.

--

Jeffery Shivers
 jefferyshivers.com