Re: Unusual beaming for piano music

From: Jeffery Shivers
Subject: Re: Unusual beaming for piano music
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2017 11:59:49 -0400

On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 4:44 AM, Andrew Bernard
<address@hidden> wrote:
> For anybody who comes across this matter in the future, my example code is
> attached - a bit too involved to be an MWE I am afraid.
>
> Gratitude to all for helping with this one!

Thanks for sharing this!

If/when openLilyLib proceeds with a contemporary notation bundle, I
think something like this would be really cool to have builtin,
perhaps with an intelligent interface for (optionally) auto-setting
the beam positions etc. I've also encountered / lost hair over / seen
in others' work this general notational problem a lot in the past few
years (don't ask me why us younger/contemporary composers are inclined
to do it :-) ).

Best,
Jeffery

--