Re: Drawing wavy line across the bars

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: Drawing wavy line across the bars
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2017 15:18:03 +0200

Am 02.04.2017 um 05:56 schrieb Andrew Bernard:

\version "2.19.58"

{
  c''4
  ^\markup { \draw-squiggle-line #1.2 #'(20 . 0) ##t }
}

NR Section A.11.3.

No custom engraver required.

Well, it’s a start. It could also be made easier accessible using a music function, but still the extents will have to be specified manually, don’t adapt to layout and can’t be broken. In order to input a duration and have it handled elegantly, you would indeed need an engraver and a custom grob and event type. I’m sorry I can’t help there; there’s one example of a custom Scheme engraver in the regression tests and there are several examples to be found in the list archives as well as probably in the LSR.

HTH, Simon