Re: vertical distance variables

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: vertical distance variables
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2017 16:07:40 +0200

Am 05.04.2017 um 16:04 schrieb tisimst:
Hi, Urs!

On Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 7:02 AM, Urs Liska [via Lilypond] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

naively I expected this to have the title (one line) start 16 mm into
the page and the first system at 26mm.

  top-margin = 16\mm
  top-markup-spacing =
  #'((basic-distance . 0)
     (stretchability . 0))
  top-system-spacing =
  #`((basic-distance . ,#{ 10 \mm #})
     (stretchability . 0))

But while the title thing seems reasonably accurate the top of the first
system sits at 28.3 mm.

Am I missing something?

Because you know there is the title markup first, try setting markup-system-spacing instead of top-system-spacing. top-system-spacing is only effective if there isn't a markup between the first system and the top-margin. Likewise, top-markup-spacing is only effective when there isn't a system between the first markup and the top-margin (such as when you end one piece and have a score title between it and the next one).

Ah, thanks, that makes these sentences from the NR clearer.

The attached diagram might be helpful for understanding vertical spacing variables.

Yes, very helpful.
But I don't see how I can then create a fixed distance for the first system - as I don't know how high the title markup is.

?

Urs

HTH,
Abraham

vertical-spacing-paper-variables.pdf (88K) Download Attachment