Re: LD_LIBRARY_PATH in different installation contexts

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: LD_LIBRARY_PATH in different installation contexts
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2017 00:57:47 +0200

Am 11.04.2017 um 18:18 schrieb Federico Bruni:
> Il giorno mar 11 apr 2017 alle 18:09, Urs Liska <address@hidden>
> ha scritto:
>> OTOH I may well fix this issue for Linux only, thinking that probably
>> these error reports have only come from Linux users (?).
>
> I've never experienced this issue.
> I've used Debian for several years and now Fedora since a couple of
> years almost.
>
> I used to run packages downloaded from lilypond.org, especially when I
> used Debian.
> In Fedora I'm now using the system package, because it's updated
> frequently and quickly after any dev release.

But do you also keep "old" versions around and use it through
Fresocbaldi? E.g. right now a version 2.19.41? Or do you (as I suspect)
regularly update and just use the latest available versions?

The problem will only occur when the library versions of your (current)
distro don't match those of the (older) LilyPond version.

Best
Urs

https://openlilylib.org
http://lilypondblog.org