Re:Midiimport f?r Lilypond/Frescobaldi

From: Joseph Austin
Subject: Re:Midiimport f?r Lilypond/Frescobaldi
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2017 09:50:15 -0400

On Apr 26, 2017, at 1:21 PM, address@hidden wrote:

Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2017 19:21:06 +0200
From: Bernhard Kleine <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Subject: Midiimport f?r Lilypond/Frescobaldi

I saw the thread in this group four years ago. Is there any new
information whether a keyboard can be used to produce midi-output which
can be imported into lilypond with a gain of time.

My problem: when writing scores to be used in our choir I often make
mistakes. If I could listen to the music instead of reading the notes I
might find errors faster.

Any report from experience would be helpful.

Regards Bernhard

Bernhard,
midi2ly.py for converting .midi files to Lilypond is operational in the current version 2.19, but it has some limitations. You might want to have a look at it.
I've been working on updating it, but it's been slow going (for me).  If you do try it, let me know of any specific concerns.
Joe Austin aka DrTechDaddy