opus conflict

From: Mark Stephen Mrotek
Subject: opus conflict
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2017 15:34:44 -0700

Hello,

In my \book \header I have fields of title, composer, and opus.

The manual (2.18) states “The values of the fields filter down this hierarchy, with the values set higher in the hierarchy persisting unless they are over-ridden by a value set lower in the hierarchy…” This is understand. So for the subsequent scores I insert title = ##f and composer = ##f. The title and composer fields in the scores are overridden.

Now the conflict, when I insert opus = ##f in the score(s) the field is overridden in the \book level (higher?) and is no longer printed below the “composer.”

Have I misread something in the manual?

Thank you for your kind attention.

Mark