Re: How exactly does "\transpose" work?

From: Manuela Gößnitzer
Subject: Re: How exactly does "\transpose" work?
Date: Sat, 20 May 2017 10:17:46 +0200

I tried this code

\version "2.19.42"
someNotes= { c d e f a }
theNotes =  \relative c' \transpose c d' {
  {
    \someNotes
#'()
\theNotes
\transpose e f \theNotes

which produced nothing unexpected on my system even when transposed again.
Could you add an example for notes?

Greetings,
Manuela

I had the idea that all that I needed to
do to convert a score from, for example, F to G,
was to wrap a \transpose f g {  } around the
\relative block where I had entered the notes in
F. And that is actually correct.

But it seems that some really weird things happen
if, as I did recently, one screws up the order and
has:

theNotes =  \relative c'' \transpose c d''{ {
 some notes

I'm noting this it the hope that it may save someone else
the agro that I experienced with notes jumping
all over the place.

The order is *critical* to having transpose work as
expected.

This is sort-of a solution in search of a problem but
it may save someone else some frustration.

Cheers,

-Don
--
Don Gingrich