Re: OpenLilyLib (Was: Re: lilypond export)

From: Johan Vromans
Subject: Re: OpenLilyLib (Was: Re: lilypond export)
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2017 23:14:12 +0200

On Wed, 14 Jun 2017 15:44:24 -0400, Kieren MacMillan
<address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Johan,
>
> > When I visit https://openliliylib.org/ I get a page with text but
> > nothing to click on. No links (except for the generic links (github
>
> Clicking on the GitHub link will take you to the current repository.
>
> Hope this helps!

No, it doesn't.

Clicking on the GitHub link will show a list of mysterious repositories.
The only repo that makes sense is "openlilylib". Oops, it is deprecated.

For the file exporter I seem to need oll-core, but this repo doesn't say
anything about how to use it. Just scary warnings like "this code (and
documentation) is currently in a conceptual state of pre-alpha quality".

The OpenLilyLib web page talks about "Learn how to get up and running with a
few steps" and "Browse the package list and search the full online
documentation" but there is no way to actually achieve this.

In particular, "Learn how to get up and running with a few steps" would be
helpful, as would "Browse the package list and search the full online
documentation".

I don't want to sound negative, but I find this rather discouraging.