Re: OpenLilyLib (Was: Re: lilypond export)

From: Peter Crighton
Subject: Re: OpenLilyLib (Was: Re: lilypond export)
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2017 03:47:36 +0200

That said, currently there are two distinct areas where any engagement
could be fruitful:

A)
I'd be more than happy if someone could help me or take over the
implementation of the website. Currently it is written as a
(artificially crippled) Node/Angular application, but I'm having
difficulties populating the datasets on the Node side.
I'd be interested in continuing on that track, but I'd equally value a
completely new approach, for example based on a static site builder.

I’d love to see openLilyLib go forward, and I’d love to be able to help where I can. Unfortunately, my available time is quite limited, but that can only get better over the coming months.

So, I at least want to throw out there the Kirby CMS as a possible alternative to your present website setup. I gathered a little experience with it, building my own website, and I found it quite easy to use and very flexible. I love their file-based, no-database approach using Markdown syntax, which also makes it easily possible to deploy all content via Git (which I haven’t done yet, but I’d love to).
It is open source, but you need a licence – the personal one should suffice, though.
I don’t know if it would make things easier than with your current approach, but maybe something to look into?

--
Peter Crighton | Musician & Music Engraver based in Mainz, Germany
http://www.petercrighton.de