Re: Titling problem

From: Ralph Palmer
Subject: Re: Titling problem
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2017 13:11:27 -0400

On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 1:03 AM, Manuela Gößnitzer
<address@hidden> wrote:
> My first reply was to Ralph only, sry
>
> Check out the LSR:
>
> http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=368
>
> http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=467

>> Hi -
>>
>> I cannot figure out how to do some custom titling.
>>
>> I am trying to reasonably replicate the Sevcik pages as in the
>> attached PDF, "School_of_Violin_Technique_Op.1_Book2_for_Violin.pdf,
>> but with a separate initial title page. My current minimum working
>> example is Title_test.ly. I've been able to get a reasonable title
>> page, and was successful at getting the first "music" page to look
>> good, but then the second music page had the initial title on it.
>>
>> I would appreciate any help you can give me. I can also try to provide
>> some other, more complex examples, if that would help.

Thank you to Andrew Bernard and Manuela Gößnitzer for their help.

After a bunch more fiddling, I came up with something I can live with.
The basic structure is :

\Book
\markup       %the book title
\pageBreak
\bookPart
\markup       %the title on the first page, + the number of the first exercise
\score          % the reduced intro score
\score          % the score of the first exercise
\pageBreak
\bookPart
\markup       % the number of the second exercise
\score          % the reduces intro score for the second exercise
\score          % the score for the second exercise
. . .              % etc.

I *do* wish I could get some space between the \bookPart \markup and
the reduced \score that follows.

It would have taken me much longer without your hints. Thank you!

All the best,

Ralph
--
Ralph Palmer