Re: Broken (?) snippets in openlilylib/snippets

From: Graham King
Subject: Re: Broken (?) snippets in openlilylib/snippets
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2017 14:05:44 +0100

On Mon, 2017-07-10 at 14:02 +0200, Urs Liska wrote:

> Am 06.07.2017 um 20:37 schrieb Graham King:
> > On Thu, 2017-07-06 at 18:17 +0200, Urs Liska wrote:
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> I'm wrapping up a number of things in openLilyLib, and I came across
> >> snippets where the example files don't compile (with LilyPond 2.19.60).
> >> Please go through this list and if you feel responsible for the snippet
> >> please have a look:
> >>
> >> * notation-snippets/blackmensural-notation
> > This one is just a copy of Lukas Pietch's code from January 2011 that I
> > was trying to get to work with a recent lilypond.  The files have been
> > completely superseded by Lukas' more recent work and may safely be
> > deleted.
> >
> > Alas, the more recent version doesn't work either (there is a missing
> > file).  Full details at
> > https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2016-05/msg00212.html
>
> Sorry, I'm not really sure what to think of these two seemingly
> contradictory statements. Is it now working *anywhere*? Can I remove the
> snippet from the repository?
> What exactly should I do?

Sorry if I was unclear.

The snippet in your repository should be removed, in my opinion.

For lilypond-user's information only: There is a more recent version, at
a URL in the message to which I referred; however, until we
find/re-invent its missing file, I don't see any point in including it
in openlilylib.

-- Graham