Re: MsLily - LilyPond Add-In for Word

From: Denton Thomas
Subject: Re: MsLily - LilyPond Add-In for Word
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2017 06:37:57 +1000

Hi, Karlin, Brian, Martin -

TLDR;
"c d e f" is placed inside \score { \relative c { ... } }. All the other stock \paper, \layout, and \version code is added, also.

Long version:

Re the lack of brackets, I guess I need to change the Free Version to at least let you see what's in the Advanced tab - I'm just about to head off for work, so not certain you have the boilerplate code. I've pasted that below.  Obviously, the placeholder "%% MSLily_Placeholder_SimpleCode" is replaced with the Simple Editor text.

Just as a quick mock-up, a piano entry would use something like:

\new PianoStaff {
<<
\new Staff { c d e f } % here, "\new Staff" is redundant ...
\new Staff { \clef bass c,2 g' }

}

The brief goal was to remove all of the re-usable code and get down to writing pitches/rhythms. The "Simple Editor" is meant to be just that - a soft entry for my coworkers who don't type, nonetheless code.

In the Settings Dialog, I've called this boilerplate text a "Code Wrapper". In the Free Version, the basic idea is that you can't edit this. It's completely edit-able in SE, and I'd like to add the option for users to save/load/edit various Wrappers for whatever they're currently doing. Just haven't coded that part yet.

Actually, I'd be interested in advice on whether I have provided the correct boilerplate ... it works, but I don't know that it is technically/stylistically correct.

Cheers ~

Denton

Advanced Tab wrapper content:

% MsLily formatting for small, inline images
\version "2.18.2"

\paper {
indent = 0\mm
oddFooterMarkup =##f
oddHeaderMarkup =##f
bookTitleMarkup = ##f
scoreTitleMarkup = ##f
}

\layout {
line-width = 180\mm
ragged-right = ##t
}

#(set-global-staff-size 22)
\pointAndClickOff

\score { { \relative c' {
%% MSLily_Placeholder_SimpleCode
} } }

On Wed, Jul 19, 2017 at 12:19 AM, Karlin High <address@hidden> wrote:
On 7/18/2017 9:10 AM, Brian Barker wrote:
> At 15:28 18/07/2017 +0200, Martin Tarenskeen wrote:
>> And instead of "c d e f"
>> I'd rather see "{c d e f}"
>
> Surely "{ c d e f }" ?
>
> Brian Barker

And perhaps a version statement yet? :) Okay, now I'm having knee-jerk
nitpicks.
--
Karlin High
Missouri, USA