Re: improving Janek's \dynamic function (for combo dynamics)

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: improving Janek's \dynamic function (for combo dynamics)
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2017 21:57:46 +0200

On 16 August 2017 at 03:50, Kieren MacMillan <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> The snippet below includes Janek's \dynamic function, which has a rather lovely interface.
> Unfortunately, it doesn't align leading dynamics as expected (i.e., centered on the notehead).
>
> What's the easiest way to fix the function so that it does?

Hello,

This discussion is far too high-level for me, but...

For correct alignment of "dynamic + text" (or "text + dynamic") I used
to rely on Graham's "make-dynamic-extra" function, which worked well.
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2011-06/msg00335.html

Dynamic was aligned on note head and was correctly recognized for MIDI
generation. There was also a corresponding "make-extra-dynamic"
function (for "più f" and other cases) but I cannot find it now.

Is your new \dynamic function an improved version of this?
And what does it add more?

Thanks!

Cheers,
Xavier