Re: Text Spanner Leading Directly Into Another Text Spanner

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Text Spanner Leading Directly Into Another Text Spanner
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2017 17:23:19 -0500

Hi Robert,

On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 12:03 PM, Robert Murdoch <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to create a text spanner that leads directly into another
> text spanner, for example an accelerando into a ritardando? I've tried using
> \stopTextSpan and \startTextSpan on the same note, but the second text
> spanner is above the end of the first one which is not what I want.

You can connect two text spanners by fiddling with values in
bound-details.  Something like this:

{
  c1~ -\tweak bound-details.left.text "ritardando"
      -\tweak bound-details.right.padding #0
  \startTextSpan
  c1
  c1\stopTextSpan
  -\tweak bound-details.left.padding #1.5
  -\tweak bound-details.left.text "accelerando"
  \startTextSpan
  c1\stopTextSpan
}

If you're looking to create a single text spanner with "inner texts"
(instead of fiddling two separate spanners together), you might try
https://github.com/davidnalesnik/lilypond-text-spanner-inner-texts
though this might be overkill!

Hope this helps--

David