Re: GS error on somewhat large score

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: GS error on somewhat large score
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2017 21:32:10 +0200

On 16.10.2017 20:49, David Kastrup wrote:
Simon Albrecht <address@hidden> writes:
On 16.10.2017 19:30, David Kastrup wrote:
So how much memory do you have and how much swap space?
I used to have 4GB of RAM and no swap space set up – now I set some up
and it worked.
4GB is not exactly small.  This amount of memory use points to a very
large job or a pathological condition.

The job not being excessively large (44 pages of 4x4 staves each) is what initially drew my attention away from RAM limitation.

   Or something else is eating your
memory up.  Browser with exploding memory footprint?

That probably contributed to the problem.

Best, Simon