Re: Glissando in parentheses

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Glissando in parentheses
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2017 23:03:44 +0200

> On 16.10.2017 22:43, Thomas Morley wrote:
>>
>> Here my attempt:
>

> There is <https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/4565/> – maybe it
> would make sense to collect some information there?
>
> Best, Simon

Well, one problem is the amount of possible spanners and their
different stencils/placing-mechanisms etc.
For example, parenthesizing a Tie or Slur is possible, but making room
for the parentheses would require to tackle the control-points.
Completely different from using bound-details.left/right.padding with
Glissandi.
So it may be worth to collect links to spanner-parenthesizing code as
work-arounds for specific spanners on the tracker, though, I doubt it
will help to solve the issue in any fundamental way.

Regards,
  Harm