Re: Suggestions for page layout

From: Abraham Lee
Subject: Re: Suggestions for page layout
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2017 16:53:51 -0600

On Wed, Oct 25, 2017 at 2:34 PM, Flaming Hakama by Elaine <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm not top posting

I'm looking into getting a large format printer so I can print parts on tabloid paper.  As such, I'm looking for a way to create the pdfs necessary for doing the booklet layout.

Currently, the only way I know to to prepare such layouts, with two pages per spread and in an order like 4 1 | 2 3, is to use another tool, like InDesign.

I was hoping for something more organic to lilypond, that is text- and command line-based.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a workflow to accomplish this, or what tools to look at?

I created a handful of semi-graphical PDF manipulation utilities that are being hosted by Philip Rothman of NYC Music Services:

https://www.nycmusicservices.com/musicresources/

The intent of their creation was to do batch processing. Philip sponsored their creation since they help in his music prep activities, but they are freely available for anyone to use. You might find "PDF-BatchBooklet" particularly useful ;-)

Best,
Abraham