Re: non-triplet tuplets collide with staff

From: Ben
Subject: Re: non-triplet tuplets collide with staff
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2017 18:22:47 -0400

On 10/28/2017 5:38 PM, Mason Hock wrote:
Lilypond by default seems to place all tuplet numbers/brackets so that they collide with the staff, with the exception of triplets, which it places outside the staff. I would like all tuplets outside of the staff like triplets.

\override Staff.TupletNumber #'outside-staff-priority = #1
\override Staff.TupletBracket #'outside-staff-priority = #1

I get an error: "warning: Cannot set outside-staff-priority for element and elements' Y parent."

How can I avoid collisions with the staff for all tuplets, whether or not they have a bracket?

Thanks,

Mason

Mason,

Have you tried first deciding how to control bracket visibility in general?
It sounds like you have a very specific preference for this, maybe you could begin there and then do an outside staff priority override as needed for only the number?

That should avoid the error you're seeing due to the 'double' overrides.

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/snippets/rhythms#rhythms-controlling-tuplet-bracket-visibility

Just an idea...