Conductor cues using brackets

From: Pierre-Luc Gauthier
Subject: Conductor cues using brackets
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2017 12:08:09 -0500

Hi there,

Is there a way to add a bracket (say, a piano bracket) in the middle
of a multiple staff score that would be spanning vertically over an
arbitrary number of staff?

Since it is rather hard to explain, please see attached PNG.

I often spend hours writing cue notes by hand (sharpy + color coded
pen, etc) on conductor scores mainly for notating player entry and
specific cues. The problem is that it obviously cannot be reproduced
if I, for whatever reason, reprint the score as those cues are hand
written.

So, what I would hope for, is some way of getting LilyPond to insert
brackets inside a score like the one in the attached PNG.

Thanks for any pointers.
--
Pierre-Luc Gauthier